Omron SYSMAC eds file

SLJackson

Hey Everyone. I have an issue trying to communicate with a third party scale via Ethernet IP on SYSMAC with a NJ controller.

We have a tool that uses a RS CompactLogix controller with a vendor supplied AOP to communicate to this same style scale. Our current customer has spec'd an Omron processor. I would really like to use the same data structure in the code for the scale. I am trying to take the AOP and use an EDS editor to create an EDS file that will work with SYSMAC. So far no luck. SYSMAC does not seem to like the AOP due to the way the assembly instance is set in the AOP, or at least this is what I think is happening. Therefore, I am trying to do a brand new EDS. Does anyone know exactly how I could use the AOP as a road map to create a new EDS SYSMAC will accept? Thank in advance for any help!

SL

Hello:

I have found these EDS files in the Omron Japanese site. Not sure if these are for the processor you are using. I had a look at one of them and it does seem to provide the necessary information to configure the Omron PLC as an EtherNet/IP adapter. If the processor you have is not covered by these, I can try investigating further in the Omron website, if you let me know concretely the part number you are trying to communicate the CompactLogix with. Some are very old and the entries for the port segment are old so you may get some warnings from the Logix Studio when you import them into the EDS catalogue.