Omron to Toyopuc comms.

prodigy

Hey y’all,
I have been tasked with establishing comms between an Omron NJ and a Toyopuc PC10G via Ethernet IP. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I seem to mainly be having trouble setting up the link in the Toyopuc! Help!!

Last edited:
hello Prodigy, and welcome to the forum.
I have neither Toyopuc nor Omron PLC so my input may be limited but still may help pointing to the right direction, based on my experience with EtherNet/IP.
How much data do you need to exchange between these two PLCs. I would say the easiest (and perhaps only) way to achieve this communication is by using the Toyopuc as the scanner and the Omron as an adapter. I think the Toyopuc requires configuration of the IO assemblies in the program, unless this has changed and now the Toyopuc supports EDS. You need to investigate how to configure the adapter function in the Omron PLC. You need to define the produced assembly instance(s) and consumed assembly instances(s).

Assuming you are using the built-in port on the CPU of the PC10G card my advice would be to use the computer link method listed in the THU-6289 toyopuc manual. If you want to write sequence programming in the toyopuc to call for read/write you can use the file memory method as well.