Omron TXD command and KEEP command

kboggs

on the TXD command how would I use this command to have a CIO input send ASCII text to comm port 2 to a Pelco camera system to pull up a camera (cam1,mon1) is the string of info that has to go to the camera system....
KEEP how would you use the set and reset an output with the same NO input (momentary pushbutton)

on the TXD command how would I use this command
You need to get a copy of the manuals, and then understand how to use it from there.
There is examples in the instruction set reference ( do you have this ), that show how to use the instruction, you just need to know how to tailor it to your application.

how would you use the set and reset an output with the same NO input (momentary pushbutton)
You don't even need the KEEP instruction, a simple flip flop will suffice for one NO input.

Do a search for flip flop, or toggle, you should find a wealth of information, I believe it has come up here many times before.

my fault. I did after I realized it was not the same board.
I still do not understand how to take a CIO bit and send the ascii code out port 2 and send pre wrote text. and the keep is still a little fuzzy. got a large headake and just got a call that my brother had a heart attack this morning in dallas tx. he is only 42

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope he is OK.

KEEP is a latch and works the same way as SET and RESET except it is in one instruction block.

I cannot help you with TXD as I have never had to use it. I will have a look and see if I can help.

I am the same with the TXD instruction, I have never used it, but I do have an application where I want to use it, just am not sure of the correct method.

I have been dancing aroung the issue, one day I will try and get it to work, but it requires reading / trial and more reading of the manuals I think.

You also need to know how the device you are wanting to send data to responds to serial commands.

Someone here may have a working example on it in use in an application. I think the key though is, to know how to communicate with the device first, then write your code that way.

Apart from the referenced TXD/RXD routine I posted before, there is also a TXD function block included with CX-One that may be useful.

there is also a TXD function block included with CX-One that may be useful.
I have glanced at that FB, I need to look at it again, there is a lot of code in there though, I still think that you also need to know a good deal about how the device you are communicating with responds etc.

Kenneth,

Sorry to hear about your brother.

For the TXD instruction, just use a normally open CIO contact before the instruction. When the bit turns on, it will trigger the TXD. You will need to properly setup the C (control word) in the instruction. The text string will be stored (probably in D memory) starting at the address specified by the S (source) word. You will need to designate the number of BYTES to send in N. Note that one D memory location will store two ASCII characters. Also understand that if you assign a start code and end code for the port in the "Settings" (from left frame) "Host Link Port" tab, that information will be appended to the stored string.

Other potential issues are cables, Omron port is NOT a standard pinout (see attached file). Usually you will need to short pins 4 and 5 on the plc side.

AS suggested above, you should review the instruction information in the W340 manual.

Hope this will help.

thanks,

just found out that he did not have a heart attack. the muscles around his heart went into a spasum and he had all of the symptoms and even emzynes in his blood so that is good news but they don't know why he is having that problem.