Omron Zen 10C1DR-D-V2

ravin76

Hi everyone. I have a problem that I hope someone can answer. I'm new to PLC's and just started to learn how to program an Omron Zen. I've written a simple program to cycle test a valve. Using an input switch, Timer Output/twin timer function, an 8-digit counter with a reset function. What I want to do is have the valve stop cycling after a set amount of cycles (be it 10, 50, or 100). Right now it just runs constantly until you turn the input switch off. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

The best thing to do is post your code as a PDF document so people can see what you've got.

There are plenty of people who should be able to sort this for you. I don't know the ZEN from a programming point of view, but at a guess you are missing a comparison or something similar.

Jon.

attachment.php

I don't think you need to use an 8-digit counter register here; just use a C memory (you can have 16 counters).

Attached is a simple sample program that shows how to do it.

Zen Counter.JPG

Attachments

• Zen Counter.zip
    786 bytes · Views: 95
I am still having some trouble with this ladder. I want the counter to stop and reset after a set number of cycles. I've attached a copy of my diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Omron_VacGen 1.jpg

If you look at the sample ladderlogic provided, he sets M0, but then also resets it once the counter is done i.e the required value has been reached. The counter also needs to be reset to it's preset value when it is done.

I can't see either of these in your ladder.

Jon.