One Siemens PLC having 38 slaves

manmeetvirdi

I have 413 PN/DP three numbers.
One PLC as a master and two other as slave + 36 drives.
So master PLC has two PLCs as slave + 30 drives as slave in its hardware configuration.
NOw problem is can i place remaining 6 drives in profibus network of other two. If yes then how? If no what alternative I have !

Thanks and wishing you all a superb nice day

Hello

You could make use of a so called DP/DP coupler and make on of the two slave 413 plc,s that are now slave also master.
The DP/DP coupler is then a slave at one site for the big 413 master and is on the other site also a slave for one of the two other 413 plc,s.

When you have made one of the other 413 plc,s also master then you can connect the other six drives also to it.
Here is a link for information regarding to the DP/DP coupler
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/18491063

But I always thought that you can have 126 slave’s into one profibus network and maximum 31 slaves can be active(for example touch panels)?
One segment can have a maximum of 32 slaves(like your configuration now) but if you ad another segment by means of a profibus repeater then you can add another 32 slaves to the profibus network.

Here is a link to the manual for the profibus repeater
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/7915183

Regards
Henny

Can't seem to find a 413 PN/DP... Perhaps you mean 414-3 PN/DP?
These CPU's can be expanded with an extra IF964-DP interface module. So in your case, fit one CPU with such a module and you get an extra Profibus network at your disposal, separate from the existing one. This extra network could also have 32 slaves without the need of repeaters.

Hi there Henny and Sparkz

OPPSS.. its 414-3 PN/DP and not the hypothetical 413 PN/DP !!
Well so many ways to achieve the objectives, DP/DP coupler, repeaters and then this IF 964 !!

As Sparkz pointed out that this plc has one special slot for IF 964 to make one more profibus n/w then why not use it. I hope it
will be cheaper then coupler or repeater;-)

Thanks for showing the light.