Onsite pay

Constrained with unreal deadlines... that sounds like most contract programmers here too. And there is a shortage of competent guys as well. As far as pay. Oil and gas. And demand. Has driven the pay upwards. But that is in Canadian dollars. You need to convert to compare to other countries pay and also cost of living is very high here.

In the areas I work being Atlanta, Macon, Valdosta and North Georgia I charge $125.00 Hr with a 4 hr Minimum Plus Mileage, Lodging and Per Diem.

I find this is a decent rate and it roots out the cheap in more ways than one customers that you don't want as they will cost you more in sanity and stress than they are worth.

Last edited:
Constrained with unreal deadlines... that sounds like most contract programmers here too. And there is a shortage of competent guys as well. As far as pay. Oil and gas. And demand. Has driven the pay upwards. But that is in Canadian dollars. You need to convert to compare to other countries pay and also cost of living is very high here.

Regarding prices in my country:

Petrol per liter = 1.52$
Heineken 0.5l can = 1.00$
CHEVROLET CRUZE SW 1.8 LT plus, 141 hp = 18,603.00$
KWh for residential sector = 0.80$
Price of sqm of my flat which is 7km from center (capital city) = 1,400.00$
Cost of university (5 years) = cca 12,500.00 $
Average monthly net pay = 465.00$
Average programmer monthly net pay (42 hours week, but usually more)= 1,200.00$
Freelancer obtains around 120$ per day + expenses for jobs in country, and around 300$ + expenses for jobs abroad.
If I take turnkey project than it is quite more, but then all risk is mine and here that is problem, specially with big ones like Coca Cola and US Steel who are paying minimum 60 days after 100% completion of project.

Company:

For in house electrical / electronic repair work, around $ 85.00 / hour. Onsite is between $ 120-165 / hour depending on customer.

Full day for installs (guarding, machine modifications) around $ 1200.00 per person per day + travel / hotel.

Personal:

I just quote a flat fee depending on the job. There are a few people I do work for and generally know what to expect. I'm pretty cheap though from what I've heard (which helps adjust pricing accordingly).

Last edited: