[OPCUA] Display Function Block as Folder

Hi,

I'm setting up a OPC UA server on a Beckhoff PLC.
I know there exists a way to make a function block show up as a FolderType in the OPCUA address space, so that selected FB variables are shown organized under this folder. But the steps needed is a bit esoteric and not covered in documentation, so I was wondering if anyone know how to acheive this? I know it somehow uses OPC UA specific attributes.

Hi,

I'm setting up a OPC UA server on a Beckhoff PLC.
I know there exists a way to make a function block show up as a FolderType in the OPCUA address space, so that selected FB variables are shown organized under this folder. But the steps needed is a bit esoteric and not covered in documentation, so I was wondering if anyone know how to acheive this? I know it somehow uses OPC UA specific attributes.

I'm not familiar with Beckhoff specifically, but i know there is a "Method" concept in OPC UA to allow tags to be sent together in a standardized way. I've seen it in Siemens PLCs. It might help your searching.