open mail server for 1756-net-eni

jreddekopp

First of all, I'm a second year college co-op student, so forgive me for being so fresh.

I have my PLC writing messages to the proper nodes of the ENI. However, when i purchased this unit i was unaware that I was getting one that used open mail servers. instead of trying to sell this unit and buy the class D (i have class C). i guess im going to need some help setting this up.

From what I understand, I need to send a message from the ENI to an open mail server being hosted on a pc on the same local network which will then be forwarded to a gmail address.

- I downloaded hmailserver hoping that will work.

I'm a little lost with the whole hmailserver part. can i make a bs domain that the ENI will send to? but if i use some made up local domain how can i forward the message through the internet?...i mean, i cant login to outlook with this local domain right?

o_O