Open-source software for PC/CLX Communication?

That code won't work. I think you will get the first value in your array in all the cells. A For/Next loop will probably be your only option.

I went ahead with the for-next loop for the cell loading. It takes about 2.5 mins to read and load all the values, but it's just a spreadsheet for tracking production history, and only gets updated every week or so.
Looks like it will work just fine for what management is after.

Thanks again for all your help :site:

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

Wowsurs, 2.5 minutes? Must be a lot of data. I would be curious if the Excel library that Archie link'd would make a difference in that time.

Wowsurs, 2.5 minutes? Must be a lot of data. I would be curious if the Excel library that Archie link'd would make a difference in that time.

Yeah, it's 17 tags, some string, mostly integers out of a UDT array that is 60 elements. So, yeah approx 1000 reads. I was still surprised that it took THAT long, but a lot of that may be due to the ol' company laptop I'm using...

In any case, I can't complain. It gets the job done. :)

I'll have to try Archie's link, see if that makes a significant difference.

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻