OpenPCS

VIVEK-V

Hi,

Has anyone worked with Infoteam's OpenPCS? I need help in working with the Ladder Logic of it, or IL or SFCs of it. I tried searching the help, but they have very little information.

Thing is I worked on RSLogix 500 like over 2 years ago. And the addressing here seems to be a little different. Also, I have trouble going to run-time and with anything basic. Need help getting started. :confused:
Thanks

If anyone could help me simulate a code of MOTOR control in ST, LL or SFC (a sample), I would appreciate.

We can have this: Motor 1 turns on with a duty cycle of 50% and Motor 2 runs with a duty cycle of again 50%. Both have the same switch. But when Motor 1 is on, motor 2 is off.

Both have same frequency. And it starts with Motor 2. I can implement this logic easily, but I have never used OpenPCS. Please help.

Hi,

Has anyone worked with Infoteam's OpenPCS? I need help in working with the Ladder Logic of it, or IL or SFCs of it. I tried searching the help, but they have very little information.

Thing is I worked on RSLogix 500 like over 2 years ago. And the addressing here seems to be a little different. Also, I have trouble going to run-time and with anything basic. Need help getting started. :confused:
Thanks
I have used it once with an ACS motion controller.
You have to create your own POUs and functions, function blocks, etc.
I will never ever use an ACS controller again. The reason we purchased that one was the included PLC that resides on its own memory block and won't affect the motion tasks.
In the end the PLC scan time was slower than a turtle with just a 10% of the actual code loaded.
Besides we couldn't allocate more than 20% resources to the PLC eventhough the motion task was minimal not requiring any resources.
And yes, their web site has nothing to offer as far as programming tutorials and such (InfoTeam that is).
Use the built in help to walk through some of the basic tasks and hopefully you'll manage to understand the structure and functions of the software.

Hey I am using the software. Can anyone give me a simple code in IL (instruction list).

Anything like a logic function: A AND B OR NOT C will do. Or a simple motor speed control.

The thing is I don't know how to address the variables or type code in IL. I could do it pretty okay with ST and LD.

Please help.