OT....24 VAC transformer

OK I appreciate all of the input. It makes slightly more sense to me to ground the secondary to chassis ground instead of tying it to the 120 VAC neutral. But really I don't see how it makes any real tangible difference one way or the other since the 120 VAC neutral is tied to ground at the supply.
And yes the 120 VAC with neutral is coming into the box from the nearest breaker panel.

i ground x2 of the secondary to the pane backplane.
WHY ?
i did an installation and there was a 75 volt ac floating ground, no joke!
from the neutral side of any plant receptacle to the ground measured 75 volts ac, tested on 3 different volt meters. we notified the plant engineer immediately. the electrical contractor that installed the main plant transformer failed to ground something ( can't remember).
every time we tried to drill a hole with an electric drill, you got shocked. we grounded the x2 terminal and the problem was solved. NOW it is a requirement on all equipment.
james