Ot:ac motor slip ring

osmanmom

i don't know much about ac motor slip ring.

i have small ac motor slip ring about 2 or 3 hp its possible to me to use VFD,

any idea or wiring example,

thank-you in advance

Slip rings when connected to a variable resister bank, it allows you to vary the motor starting speed, because of the load characteristics [heavy load]. Doing so reduces the startup current, so when it start to roll, you reduce the resistance gradually and eventually you short the slip rings when it attains its nominal speed.

Osman, you didn't mentioned what is the need for change. As the link from previous post, it is better to change to a VFD rated motor if you are looking for a variable speed options.

Regards

thanks for the feedback,

i just finished the task after found the wiring diagram.(stone age machine)

the system not using resistor.