OT brain teaser

Marc
There are 69 collumns between E and BW.
Did you try each of the 30 between E an AJ to find the Key?
Or did you just copy it all and then paste values into a blank worksheet?

gbradley said:
Marc
There are 69 collumns between E and BW.
Did you try each of the 30 between E an AJ to find the Key?
Or did you just copy it all and then paste values into a blank worksheet?

Copy/paste was the easiest way.

You could also create a new workbook and paste in something like:

='[Mindteaser (1).xls]MENSA QUESTIONAIRE'!A1

then copy that into the analagous range and look for everything that wasn't a "0".

Marc

I downloaded an unlocker utility, unlockeed the sheet, then looked at the formulas to find the answers, though they had been mostly answered anyway and were also available on the web.

bernie_carlton said:
I downloaded an unlocker utility, unlockeed the sheet, then looked at the formulas to find the answers, though they had been mostly answered anyway and were also available on the web.

Yep - I did that too, but wasn't going to encourage password cracking . . . That said, unlockers for worksheet protection have been "out in the open" for many years so it probably isn't anything folks didn't already know . . .

Marc

bernie_carlton said:

Did the same thing..I googled the answers and found them but that wasnt as challenging as trying to get past the password that someone put there!! :)

The unlocker i downloaded kinda gave me a scare..All Our book keeping software is listed there to..Makes you wonder why you should even bother protecting it..