OT: Flat Stanley Needs a Place To Visit

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there. My 2nd Grade (Age 7 Yr.) son has a project related to the book Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown. In the book a boy named Stanley becomes flat (it's a kids book :) ) and so to visit his cousing in California, his parents mail him there in an envelope.

For his project he needs to mail his own "Flat Stanley" cutout somewhere and have the child on the other end write him back what Stanley saw and did with them.

Wondering if anyone on here has a child around the same age that would want to take Stanley to school and around their neighborhood and write us back about it.... and maybe make a pen pal too!

Thanks,

Hi Norm,

We just sent one back not that long ago (to Nevada), it was interesting to see the places that it went, we took pictures with some stuff that we did, my wife would not let me take it swimming or fishing, but we took some pictures with our dogs and added a few things to the list :D

My kids are to young, but if you cant find anyone let me know…I’m a kid at heart :D

A couple of years ago, one went around here. Except it wasn't necessarily going to kids, it was going to anyone who would do it.

At that particular time, I took Stanley with me on a system startup, then gave it to my brother-in-law who is an over-the-road trucker. He brought Stanley back to me for another startup week, then I passed him along to some missionaries who were visiting our church.

That Stanley had quite a trip and the child was absolutely delighted with the trip and report that Stanley was able to give!

My kids are 16 and 17, but they would do it if you would like. Or, alternatively, I'm going to be on the road for another couple of project startup during the next 3 weeks. I'd be glad to take Stanley along with me. Feel free to PM or email me if I can help.

I actually have a first grader, a third grader, and a fifth grader.
Any of them would be happy to take Stanley to Disneyland.

Has Stanley got to ride on one of your rockets?

In Oz we do something similar (actually we steal other peoples garden gnomes, take them on holidays ,preferably overseas, take their phot at some exotic location and then return in the dead of night months later.)

My kids are all older than yours but if you want to you could send him down here, I'm sure I can find a few places to take him..

Thanks for the offers.

Could you PM me addresses so we can send out Stanley and get him on his way?... Sounds like he could have a very busy schedule.

Thanks,