ControlLogix PLC and “Old”, “Flat Tagnames” Wonderware

Colt Hero

I’m using an AOI in a Rockwell PLC for a device but this older, (non-Archestra) version of Wonderware apparently doesn’t recognize “dot” tagnames (eg: ValveName.Out).

What’s the workaround ...??... create “Flat tag name” aliases for each “dot” member and reference *that* in Wonderware? Will that work? And everything probably has to be globally-defined, too ... right?

Replace "." with "_". This is just for the names. You can obviously use "." in the PLC references.

Utilize Excel and use load/dump. Makes it easier to add/edit tags.

Are you using inTouch or Edge? they are 2 completly differnet pieces of software.

Phrog30 is correct for Edge. I use that dumpster fire a lot. I have no Experience with inTouch.