OT: Hound dog problem management.

Got called yesterday to a machine I've never had much to do with becuase it wouldn't start and had been down since 4AM. Electrician had told the boss that the drive was pooched, had a part# in hand talking to the plant manager who was ready to hot shot a new drive in.

Went down to the machine and had the operator push the start button, it lit up but nothing moved. Went to the drive, it was running with no speed reference. Walked back and asked the operator what the knob labeled "Line speed" did and why was it set at 0. Needless to say we didn't need a new drive.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, First I want to clarify, I am not actually installing an external watchdog timer on any equipment. I was drinking my coffee this...
Replies
Views
Hi, What is the easiest way to create a Watchdog between 2pcs S7-1200 over Ethernet?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with AB Redundant PLC which was running perfectly for several years and all of a sudden both PLC was showing fault and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m after a bit of advice on how to setup PLC watchdog alarm in FactoryTalk ME. I would like to monitor a register and alarm on if it doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm developing a routine to detect and clear a watchdog major fault in a ContolLogix PLC. The software has three tasks and six programs...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom