OT inquiry (CO2 analyzer - in-line)

jommunar

hi to all!!!

i know this is OT but if anyone else there have a knowledge, please help me find a CO2 analyzer (measurement meter) with the following specs. please!

600 gpm flow
0-10ppm range

this CO2 analyzer would be installed in line to measure CO2 in real time.
any help would be appreciated please.
thank you in advance!

jomar

thanks mark! but do you have any specs for the mettler toledo or manual leaflet or something? my boss is requesting the specific device to have the following specs that i have mentioned earlier. i cant find any specs for the mettler toledo.

US Biased answer:

We have one of these :
http://www.thermoscientific.com/ecomm/servlet/productsdetail_11152_L10828_89576_11961827_-1

And it gets the job done, but I'm not sure I'd trust it down at 0-10ppm - I'm not sure I'd trust anything down at that range- the technology for this is very finicky.

In the utility world, there is normally a "dilution probe" mounted in the stack or flue gas path - this is a series of tubes and pipes that suck a sample from the gas stream, then pipe that sample to the analyzer. The dilution part is where your sample is diluted with "Zero gas" or "Zero air" (ie- very well cleaned and filtered compressed air) to a 50:1 or 200:1 concentration - ie the sample analyzer gets a very diluted gas sample to analyze. You then set the software in the analyzer to multiply its readings but the dilution ratio and it will display an accurate ppm.
Some analyzers require a flowmeter input, but if all you need is ppm, then you shouldn't need this (stack flow is useful for other things sometimes...)

Since this might end up being an integrated system (analyzer, dilution probe, zero air generator) you might need to look at an integrator-type place that does this often - Shaw environmental, "Monitoring Solutions" and "QA support" are 3 places that jump to mind that do this work (they will bid you a turnkey project if you want...), complete with a small metal shelter to house all of this stuff. They often work in utility boiler EPA compliance so there are a number of variables that are already known (not sure if you are working for an EPA ok or not...)

-John

hi to all!!!

i know this is OT but if anyone else there have a knowledge, please help me find a CO2 analyzer (measurement meter) with the following specs. please!

600 gpm flow
0-10ppm range

this CO2 analyzer would be installed in line to measure CO2 in real time.
any help would be appreciated please.
thank you in advance! jomar

FIRST do you really mean in a liquid? How will you ensure even mixing of gas and liquid and are you measuring gas in solution or in suspension? What response time do you need? When out of limit what do you do about that and what do you do it with?

In air it would be simpler issue. All you need is a setup similar to stack sampling as previously discussed.
Dan Bentler