OT..Sence of humor?

A bonus system setup For no downtime.

My hmi monitors siemens
downtime events And achiev the data. If a streak of 2 weeks On direct run occurs, an Option appears, To allow the user To Log out, And open up solitare

Concerning horns, we had internal joke in the company i worked for (OEM) that first update customer almost always orders is "Remove the f...ing horn!"
But in the ordering specifications everything had to be informed by horn (one beep, 2 beeps, 3 beeps, constant noise etc)

Horns are always the first victims...

Hundikoer said:
Concerning horns, we had internal joke in the company i worked for (OEM) that first update customer almost always orders is "Remove the f...ing horn!"
I use the the Tele 'stackable' beacons, and the sounder always goes on the top. Why? Because that way, you can simply unplug it without having to change the wiring order for the lamps. Convenient for me during debug stage, but just as convenient for those customers that want to "Remove the f...ing horn!"... ;)

🍻

-Eric

Steve Kemp said:
Another colleague used to generate full-stops (periods) for the text-box of his autocad drwaings, made up of insults to his boss, and then scaled them down till they looked like any other dot.

We used to do something similar around our office all the time. When a cad operator stepped away from his compuer we would insert some insult or comical text and set the text height to something like 1 mile. Next time he did a zoom all, his drawing disappeared as it was smaller than single pixel, all he saw was the text.

Just to prove someone in the Rockwell borg hasn't had the humour lobotomy, there was this little "bug" in RSLogix500 when editing a MicroLogix 1000:

Spider2.jpg

Hi Folks....

Has anyone ever put a "DO NOT TOUCH" button on a screen, and attached it to a counter? I've been to places where this would've been an excellent test of the operators.

We did that very thing on a panel view plus 700 on our brine system. We call it the ID 10 T bit counter {IDIOT counter}

Thanks and later....Todd

Years ago a milwright brought in an air horn from an old locamotive as kind of a show and tell type thing. On night shift I hooked it up to an air solenoid and programmed a button on one of the mill HMI's labeled "mill reset" I had the button come up after a mill stop at about 3:00 AM. Shook the dust off of the roof when the op hit it but I can assure you everyone was awake for the rest of the night.

I was poking around in WinCC light the other day and found as one of their preprogrammed graphics a sign that says "Long haired freaky people need not apply". I can't wait to find an application where I can put that.

Who says the germans don't have a sense of humor.

this little "bug" in RSLogix500
Any file can be a debug file just click debug in the properties attributes:.
If it's a debug file, I don't thing it will get uploaded to the processor. So I guess you can effectively REM out a file by changing this?
debug.jpg

So I guess you can effectively REM out a file by changing this?
This won't work too good because then you would have to remove any JSR's references.
The Help file says
A debug file is a file that is used with Emulation software to simulate real world I/O. Debug files are not downloaded to the controller.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001, 2002