OT..sort of... For the attention of Jesper

PLucas

Jesper,

Just a quick note to say thank you to you for posting a very useful reference guide in the download section.

I had a need today to use your 'guide to setting up an OPC server using simatic net', it saved me a lot of time and effort. I only had to figure out a few settings as I am using ethernet, rather than MPI as used in your guide.

A superb bit of work on your part, many thanks.

Paul

P.S Clear out some of your PM's!

gee thanks Paul.

Actually that guide is long overdue for a major revision. I have learned quite a bit in the mean time, also about ethernet. But when to get the time to do it.

Will clear my PM list. Thanks for the headsup on that :)

JesperMP said:
Actually that guide is long overdue for a major revision.

That may be the case, but I can assure you it was a great help, I was going round and round in circles with this, the manual I have is bigger than 'war & peace', so the saying 'RTFM' was not going to happen in this case.

This is the first project I have done using OPC and I have had a little bit of learning to do, all the easier thanks to you.

Paul