OT: Trying to find nylon washers for Miller Fluid Power Cylinders

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
First off, forgive me for posting this here, but I figured if anyone can help this would be the place.

Since spring I have tried to locate the two different kinds of nylon washers for the miller fluid cylinder cushions. In doing cushion replacement I've come to realize that the only component failing most of the time are the nylon washers.
MFP does not sell the washers by themselves and prefers to sell me two washers as part of a cushion kit for around $20.
Considering that I can find washers at the local stores for pennies this seems absurd.

Does anyone know a good reputable dealer where I could purchase these washers?

The main cylinders are stamped: 94-145777
the purge/fa cylinders are stamped: 94-145772

I'm fairly certain they use the same cushions.

The cushion kit (with the washers) is: 101432 miller cushion kit

Thanks in advance!

Russ

Personally if having to repair the cushions too often then may not have the appropriate one for the job. The shock absorber thing gets pretty detailed: http://books.google.com/books?id=K2CkjoYZDDUC&pg=PA180&lpg=PA180&dq=miller+fluid+cushions&source=web&ots=90YYkO0Iiu&sig=aqvbIA4o2VAEHyp5WQ5tT2o9t-M#PPA175,M1

The other aspect is the washers may fail because other components have changed; therefore replacing just the washer and none of the other components could lead to more failures then normal.

rsdoran said:
Personally if having to repair the cushions too often then may not have the appropriate one for the job. The shock absorber thing gets pretty detailed: http://books.google.com/books?id=K2CkjoYZDDUC&pg=PA180&lpg=PA180&dq=miller+fluid+cushions&source=web&ots=90YYkO0Iiu&sig=aqvbIA4o2VAEHyp5WQ5tT2o9t-M#PPA175,M1

The other aspect is the washers may fail because other components have changed; therefore replacing just the washer and none of the other components could lead to more failures then normal.

Thanks! I'll give that a thorough read. There's always new things to learn. I'm always interested in anything that can help me do my job better.

Russ,

If you can get your hands on new ones, give them to a decent machine shop, with the nylon materiel you want it made out of, they can rip off a hundred for basically the cost of set up. I've done this in food industry with all kinds of nylon & plastics materiels that I didn't have the time & didn't want to pay an overly high price for onsies twosies of something I was going to use a bunch of.