OT: Way OT

I'm just razzing you burnerman. Over on this side of the pond I think the NBA tournament is getting more attention than the world cup. Not that we don't have our soccer fans, its just doesn't rise to the same level of national popularity that it is in many other places - but then again, its not the only game in town 🍺 If the US keeper missed a shot like that we would shrug "ah well, its only soccer" and everyone would forget about it. Since soccer isn't one of the high draw sports here and since the US has never really been a contender I think that many of us get a kick (pun intended) out of seeing other national teams do well because everyone deserves bragging rights every now and then. Besides, we figure we'll have out own celebratory car torching riot in Boston or LA either Tuesday or Thursday 🍻

Did anyone watch the Uruguay vs South Africa game today? When Uruguay scored its first point the horns stopped. I guess that how you shut them up.

well, it looks like horn, it sounds like horn.. it is horn. It might have name of vuvuzela, but that it has nothing to do with if it is horn or not. Like there is different kinds of anything, there is differend kind horns.

They try to mix the volumes in here so that we could actually hear gamesounds too, not only those horns. BLOODY HORNS.

Hey guys, lighten up, i was just having a dig at you.
Yes, i agree, it can be annoying at times, but it is a South African thing, so lets bear with it.

You guys dont know what its like to have a late night at work, then to get home and try and have a sleep before the daily grind, and the neighbourhood kids start blowing these HORNS/VUVUZELA's at 5am.

And just remember, when the world cup is over, a lot of your countrymen will be returning home with them in their luggage :)

And yes, after last nights game, we have basically been knocked out of the tournement :(

Back
Top Bottom