Other Ethernet IO with Allen Bradley

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used other Brands of IO With Rockewell?

I Got a quote on AB Flex XT IO and it is 3 months out minimum (cold temp rated for client spec's) so i am looking into other options.

Flex5000 requires a new Main processor so it is likely not an option at this time.

Got quotes from Weidmuller ( and Beijer (G-Series), just wanting to know how easy the integration is, and if there is any gotchas and such.

The pricing and Lead time right now looks much better than ROckwell, just dont want to make a headache for us later.

If their docs show using a "Generic Ethernet" module with assembly numbers, it's straight-forward but may be time-consuming to set up maintainable data types. If they have an AOI or predefined data types to help, it is quite easy. If they have an actual Add-on Profile for RSLogix/Studio, it is a slam dunk.

Maybe look to Siemens ET200SP or Beckhoff IO. They have examples to use with Ethernet/IP and extended temperature range products. Their delivery may not be any better than AB, but the price will be less.

I know Siemens is bad right now, we tried to get an ET200SP back in June for an August install, vendor swore 6 weeks, still don't have the part had to go with an s7-400 system instead