Our fu--in' government

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2009/05/mysterious-death-chicken-fat-car.

I think this sums up the problem. Think of this when gaslone hits $4.00 a gallon this year.

The article here shows the idiocy of our lobby system. It appears that much of this is based on subsidies. I have felt that all this subsidy stuff is just more tax burden.
This article confirms my feelings.

Chicken fat etc is used in soap. It can also be used in biodiesel.

I vehemently disagree that our government should allow any lobbying for this. Let the free market determine who wants to buy the chicken fat (based on price) and make their product.

If the consumer wants soap he will have to pay a higher price based on law of supply and demand. IF he wants biodiesel then the same applies.

Dan Bentler

I want to make this clear. We didn't sell to Iran.

Corporate totally fills me full of how China keeps there buck down at our expense. Hell Iran has our nuke tech.. why not motion control?
They got our controller through a intermediate party. We wouldn't have even known where this controller is if we did get a tech support call from Iran. It is obvious that the people in Iran were either very stupid or didn't feel like they had anything to hide. I think it is the later after talking the person that handled the tech support call.

The point is that big biz can influence big gov. Big gov can be bought and big biz only cares about making a buck and doesn't care about the consequences.

BTW, Siemens should be howling mad at who ever sold their S7 to Iran. Now Siemens has been embarrassed because now it is clear the S7 controllers are susceptible to viruses.

BTW, Siemens should be howling mad at who ever sold their S7 to Iran. Now Siemens has been embarrassed because now it is clear the S7 controllers are susceptible to viruses.

I disagree!

Siemens should get their S$&t together and try to find out who actually conspired to write, compile and inject the worm to their controllers.
I bet a lot of us would be surprised with the outcome if they were ever to find the originators!
It is clear that the Siemens hardware was targeted just because it runs "facilities" that Iran isn't allow to operate.
I'd like to receive 5% of a settlement of that lawsuit if it ever were to be settled!!

I'm sure if other hardware were involved and targeted it would also be exposed as susceptible to viruses and worms.

I did a project in Iran a couple of years ago (I'm Australian so export restrictions don't count). Was awful, don't recommend it. People were great, country was bloody awful.

I disagree!

Siemens should get their S$&t together and try to find out who actually conspired to write, compile and inject the worm to their controllers.
I bet a lot of us would be surprised with the outcome if they were ever to find the originators!
It is clear that the Siemens hardware was targeted just because it runs "facilities" that Iran isn't allow to operate.
I'd like to receive 5% of a settlement of that lawsuit if it ever were to be settled!!

I'm sure if other hardware were involved and targeted it would also be exposed as susceptible to viruses and worms.

Iran should be supplied with rocks for hammers, not S7's. That should be the point here.

That's not correct.
That was not a virus for S7 controllers, that was a windows virus which infected the programming software.

That's not correct.
That was not a virus for S7 controllers, that was a windows virus which infected the programming software.

Absolutely correct. And the level of work and knowledge to achieve this was way beyond a simple hacker.

This was the work of a government, my money is on the USA and/or Israel.

Back
Top Bottom