Out of country travel

First of all, I'm just starting out and I'm one man team. I do have contractors that I contract out some programming work, but for the most part I do everything myself.

That's the hardest part! I don't even know how to get to that stage, although I've still got a way to go yet.

Also, $55/h would be a phenomenal wage in Northern England.

My last integration company charged 2/3 of our standard rate for travel time. They are saving on management and such, so they pass it on. We always stayed at large chain hotels, with interior hall ways. Nothing with outside doors. Deemed unsafe by management. Hotels and travel were billed at cost, with receipts. For food we charged a daily rate (per diem) per the GSA website. We specified this to the client. https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates

Charge per day or half day if you really have too, I don't fiddle around with hours.

Charge full rate for traveling or no fault off days, you should get paid for what you know, not what you do. When you travel for them at part rate you could be working for someone else at full rate and sleeping in your own bed. Agree a good flat rate for hotels and subsistence. If you don’t value yourself then they may not either.

For me and my team, this is not negotiable.