Output Stacking - Ladder Logix Micro830

cmhicks

I have an application with output stacking.

The applications is:
8 conveyors merge into 1
each of the 8 conveyors have a photocell
each photocell triggers a different output

The applications example:
Box 1 comes off of conveyor 3 and triggers output 3. Box 1 continues onto main conveyor to photocell. Photocell tells PLC cleared.

Now we have Box 1 coming from conveyor 3 triggering output 3, then box 2 coming from conveyor 2 triggering out put 2, then box 4 coming from conveyor 4 triggering output 4, then box 5 coming from convery 3 triggering ouput 3, then box 6 coming from convery 4 triggering output 4, etc.

I need to figure out a clean way to stack outputs.

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/cmhicks11/?action=view&current=MSGSTACK.jpg

Is a link to the convery image to help clarify explanation.

PLC AB Micro830 208-L30-16QWB

I0 SENSOR 0 (SELECT MESSAGE 0)
I1 SENSOR 1 (SELECT MESSAGE 1)
I2 SENSOR 2 (SELECT MESSAGE 2)
I3 SENSOR 3 (SELECT MESSAGE 3)
I4 SENSOR 4 (SELECT MESSAGE 4)
I5 SENSOR 5 (SELECT MESSAGE 5)
I6 SENSOR 6 (SELECT MESSAGE 6)
I7 SENSOR 7 (SELECT MESSAGE 7)
I8 SENSOR BOX PASSED
I9 NO CONNECTION

O0 AUX 0 (AUX 0-3 BINARY MESSAGE CONFIGURATION)
O1 AUX 1
O2 AUX 2
O3 AUX 3

If there are any examples or an existing solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I need to figure out a clean way to stack outputs.
The common method for conveyor package handling is to use Bit-Shift Registers to track the packages on each conveyor. I cannot see from looking at the Micro830 manual if this PLC has a Bit-Shift instruction.

I'm not familiar with the term 'stacking' in this context. What I think you're asking for is a sequencer - some way to release from each line in a controlled way. What I've normally done is check each line, if a box is present release it and go to the next line in sequence. If a line has nothing to release it has to wait 'til its next turn. Is this what you're after?