Pacsystem RX3I TON function - Will this work?

smf

Hi

I'm doing a boring manual conversion of a ladder program and have a question regarding how the timers work on this system.
I don't have this plc yet to test it on so i'm unsure if it will work or not. (This is the first project ever with this PLC)

Here's a screenshot from Proficy Machine Edition

Sk%C3%A4rmklipp%202015-09-03%2016.02.09.png

As you can see i use the same signal for both ENABLE and IN - The reason for that is because that's how it was done on the old system and i want the ladder to look as similar as possible in the new program.

Will the timer be reseted when the signal IN is low or will it not because the ENABLE signal is also low? I want it to be reseted but the manual doesn't mention much about the ENABLE signal.

Yes, it will work. The timer will reset to zero when the logic is false.

What was the previous controller? I ask because the TON function is a 32-bit timer with milliseconds as the time increment. Timers on previous controllers were 16-bit, so even though there were millisecond timers, they were limited to durations of 32.767 seconds or less. Furthermore, there were also timer functions with time increments of seconds, tenths and hundredths of a second. If you are replacing one of those with a TON timer, be sure you get the correct value for your preset, especially if the preset is could be adjusted from an HMI panel.

Thank you for you'r reply :) This will make the conversion easier. It's really bad that i don't have the controller so that i can check easy stuff like this by myself. I checked it with Siemens S7 and their SFB4 TON and there it would not have worked.

The previous controller was Modicon 884, i have no experience with that controller eighter but the manual for the timer functions is quite good. The timer increments were in tenths seconds for this timer stored in a register, i will have to check the value of that register later on when i have access to the plc.