Panel Builder32

I am adding a simple button to an existing panel veiw 1000 that uses panel builder32 and communicating with a control logix processor. When I make the tag and address I made them the same but it keeps giving me an error saying the adress is invalid. Error(9436)-[Tag:CARBONPURGE] address is invalid. All it says in the details is the syntex is incorrect. The tag and address are identicle using all caps and no spaces. Can anyone give me a tip on what the problem can be?

Thanks

You have to remember that the Logix Class controllers are using Tags mnemonics (such as CARBONPURGE)while the Legacy PanelBuilder 32 software is looking for memory addresses(such as B3;22/12); this is the reason PB32 throws the described "fit".
In order the be able to accomplish this task, you will have to create a Controller Scoped Tag of an INT Data Type and name it B3 for example; if you need more than 16 different bit addresses the B3 will need to be an array large enough to accomodate your application's needs.
When done creating the B3 tag, you will need to use the RSL5K Menu Bar, Logic/Map PLC/SLC Messages... and map the newly created B3 INT tag (or INT tag array) to File 3.
Write simple ladder logic to "relate" the existing Logix tags to the newly created B3 tag structure then, within the PB32 application "point" the tag browser to the B3 created "structure".
Connecting a PanelView Standard to a Logix CPU is quite some task; it could be done, however, you might run out of Advil by the time you are done.
If you have a valid TechConnect contract refer to https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17179
for more information about the matter.

Thanks for the info. I finally got it to take the tags and working just running into other issues that I need advil for.... Some days things are not as smooth as others......