Panel Mate 2.12 - Alarm Messages ??

antsrealm

Hi,

I'm trying to convert an old HMI that uses a eaton panelmate and the software it uses is version 2.12. Does anyone know how to find the alarm messages?? I've worked out almost everything else but I can't seem to find the alarm messages anywhere.

Thanks.

Yeah it's running in a dos prompt in a win 98 VM. It's a panelMate 2000, 30PG

P/N 92-00804-02

Just having a hard time finding where the alarm messages are stored in the software. I heard it was somehow derived from symbols but I haven't found it.

Thanks,

So here is a screen shot....

I think the alarm is generated from here.

Since the symbol PEC12 has the alm flag set to Y does that mean it will generate and alarm and will the alarm be 'PEC12 PRODUCT DISCH TOO HIGH' and is that based on the bit going high or low.

I think I'm close.

Thanks,

Alarm.png

It has been a long time since I used that software. To get to the page you showed, I believe you had to select "Edit Display Pages" from the main menu. I'm pretty sure its one of the choices from the main menu, labeled "Edit Messages" or something similar.

Edit:
I found a manual. Selecting "Y" in the "ALM" field establishes the true state of the conditional expression as an alarm condition. When the alarm is true the alarm message shows in the 4-line alarm window on whatever page is currently displayed. The alarm message includes the device name, nature of the alarm (High or Low), timestamp and the number of the PanelMate page that generated the alarm.

I expect that whatever unit you are replacing the PanelMate with will have a more extensive alarm display capability including the ability to generate more detailed alarm messages.

Last edited:
Yeah it looks like that is the case, generated from the templates based on the alm condition being set to Y.

There was no 'Edit Messages' option that I could see in any menu. That would have been to easy :p

I think I know enough now to convert it to PVP.

Thanks for your help. Might send you a PM if I have any other panelmate issues ;)

I was wrong in my initial comment. Messages are associated with message templates. There is a message library that you can get to when you are editing a page.
Messages in PanelMates aren't associated with alarms. Every page has four lines reserved for alarms, so when an alarm condition exists, the alarm will show up no matter which page is displayed. But you can't edit alarm messages.
If you want to display a more customized description of the alarm, you would have to use a message template and add logic to the PLC to display the appropriate message when the alarm condition exists.
But that's meaningless in your case since you're upgrading to something more current which will almost certainly have more and better options for alarm handling.