Panel without ELCB

flyers

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask if I can design a panel without ELCB, the control panel has PLC,relays, contactor (for 10Amp single phase motor), dosing pump (1Amp, single phase). I've MCB, can I replace the ELCB with fuse or other devices?

I'm not very familiar with electrical wiring design, hope to get some advise from you guys.

Thank you. ;)

An earth leakage cricuit breaker is generally used to protect persons from electric shock - for instance portable tools, outside equipment etc, or places where the earthing is not very good.
If your panel is fixed, earthed and inside you should be okay BUT if you put a socket inside your panel to plug your programmer in - you might as well fit an elcb into the supply!
Given the low cost - I'd fit one.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I do not have a socket for programmer, on the field side, i've solenoid valves (24V DC), motor (10 Amps, single phase, contactor and overload is inside the panel). So, with external motor it's best to have an ELCB? Is that the same concept you mentioned?

I wanted to, but I have difficult to source for ELCB with UL approval here (singapore/malaysia).