PanelBuilder32 help need...

SilverLoop

Hi,

I am developing a simple application with PanelBuilder32 for a Panel View 550. I am wanting to put a "pushbutton" on one screen that has two functions. The first one is to set a bit in the PLC and the second one is to change to another screen at the same time. Is this possible? Can you somehow overlap multiple objects such as a pushbutton and a goto-screen button?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I think you may have an error stating 'overlapping controls'

Maybe you can trigger the bit(same as having a push button) by monitoring the status tag in the Panelview upon jump to another page, - use the change in status tag to trigger the bit.

Last edited:
Or. the reverse of chavak's idea. Set a bit in the PLC, and use this bit to trigger a screen change... ☯

beerchug

-Eric

You can do this most convinently and with ease. In fact you can control the screen displays completely with the help of PLC program. Use the Screen control tags in the panelbuiler software, define a tag, and move the screen no. to the value of this tag in PLC when you want to. You can find the screen control tag under ..."Application Settings.."..."Control Tags"

But remember, once you have changed the screen on the PanelView with the Screen Status Tag, you have to reset it to 0 in the PLC if you want to use navigation buttons on the PV again.

so i need to create two tags...one to use as a Control Tag under Application Settings/Control Tag and another to use as a Status Tag under Application Settings/Status Tags?

actually i would have another tag as well that is the original bit i want to set

then just set the control tag to "0" in the plc when they are equal?

that sounds easy enough if i am understanding correctly

Last edited:
so i need to create two tags...one to use as a Control Tag under Application Settings/Control Tag and another to use as a Status Tag under Application Settings/Status Tags?
Yeppers!!!

If you look at link in my post above, it shows the rung you need to use to zero the Control Tag register. I used the symbol SCREEN_REQ for the Control Tag and SCREEN_DISP for the Status Tag. These would be something like N7:0 and N7:1 in actuallity.

I can't remember if the one shot is necessary but I have used that same rung in a dozzen programs without problem.

You WILL usually need a one shot in the rung where you move a number into the SCREEN_REQ register so that the number can be set to 0 later.

Hope this helps

You don't need one shot but you need to make sure that control word
is cleared after changing screen or your interface will stay locked
to that screen. Following rung solves this problem (just replace control and status to proper addresses):

---[equ control status]-------------[clr control]

As for overlaping controls, I'm trying to avoid them as much as
possible. I hate to see application warnings
(specially if someone else did it but I have o fix it :p )
It's true that this can save you some time if you are just trying
to call it done and get out but I'm sure someone will
complain sooner or later..

thanks guys! this definately helps. i'm not near the plc and panelview yet...but will try your suggestions when i go onsite.