PanelView 1000 Connection Help

Tim Ganz

I have a panelview 1000 that I am trying to upload a make a small change and I am having issues connecting with panelbuilder 32.

The panelview is connected by the rs-232 port to a SLC 5/04.

I have cable # 2711-NC2 and Cable # 2711-NC13.

In the config screen on the panelview it has

Max Node 21
Node 2
Baud 19200

I don't see how you would set this up in rslinx? I have linx 2.57.

I have tried to use the RS232 DF1 driver with no sucess using autoconfig and manual and made it a different done from the panelview.

When i try to use the point to point driver in panelbuilder 32 it starts rslinx? Even though i have shut linx down and it is not running in service mode?

What can I do to get connected?

I answered this in your other thread as well but I'll do it again here.

Your PanelView is running DH485 protocol on an RS-232 serial port.

To communicate directly with it, you need the RSLinx Classic '1747-PIC/AIC+" driver, or the 1747-UIC USB to DH485 device and driver.

The RSLinx Classic DF1 Full Duplex driver will not work. The built-in PanelBuilder32 drivers will not work.

I would use a CompactFlash card to upload the terminal, if at all possible.

Rule #1 of PanelView questions is 'post the exact part number', because for PanelView Standard terminals, the part number tells you exactly which network option is built into the terminal.

PanelView Standard terminals cannot* have their network type changed, so changing to DF1 Full Duplex is not an option.

The best option is to use a flash memory card.

The second-best option is to find a way to configure a DH485 driver on your PC.

The third-best option is to figure out how to do DH+/DH485 Passthru on that SLC-5/04 controller.

(* the PanelView 300 Micro terminals can have either DF1 or DH485 firmware loaded, but that is an unsupported change and voids the warranty. No other models of PanelView Standard can have different firmware loaded in the field.)