Panelview 5510 address change

stretch_af

So we had a new skid come in with the wrong IP address incorporated. :sick: CompactLogix with a 5510 Panelview. I have both projects uploaded. I am a rookie with View Designer. Currently the path between the PLC and the HMI is on 192.168.2.x, and the HMI is in the project tree in the PLC. They both need to change to a 192.168.124.x. The old Comm setup tab isn't there anymore, obviously. Any pointers would be appreciated. 🤞🏻

Justin

I think the usual play is to wire (ethernet/cat6/rj45?) the laptop (or whatever) directly to either machine, manually configure the laptop IP onto the 192.168.2.0/24 network, at which point the laptop should be able to communicate and change the others' IPs. I assume the laptop already has the software apropos the task.

I would be surprised if there is not a youtube for this; it may happen a lot.

Caveat

• It might be worth making a screen dump (e.g. [Print Screen] or [prt sc] key, and paste into Paint), or other record, of the laptop's network settings before starting this.

This. If it were a panel view plus, I would have been fine.

Have you already changed the addresses in the hardware?

We don't use PV5500's but I believe you have been conditioned to expect that communication path configuration is supposed to be hard. That is because FTVS is a disaster.

Go to Project > Project Properties > References. You type an IP address and pick a slot. Exactly how FTVSME should have been. Then re-download your project.

I am looking for the procedure on changing the comm path in the HMI to point it at the new address that I need to set in the PLC.

I don't know where you'd change it in a running HMI, although I'm sure there's a way. If you upload the HMI file and open it in View Designer, I believe the setting you're looking for is under 'Controller References' in the 'Project Properties' box accessible from either the Project drop-down menu or by right-clicking the main project in the Project Explorer pane.

I don't know where you'd change it in a running HMI, although I'm sure there's a way. If you upload the HMI file and open it in View Designer, I believe the setting you're looking for is under 'Controller References' in the 'Project Properties' box accessible from either the Project drop-down menu or by right-clicking the main project in the Project Explorer pane.

I got 'er...

Change the properties in the HMI app then download (it was nice not having to compile runtime). Change the IP address on the HMI. Since the HMI was in the project tree of the PLC, I had to change that offline then download.

Fun learning on the fly. (y) (y) 🍻