Panelview 5510 Alarm History

Since there is no alarm history kept once a fault or ALARMD is acknowledged, what is a good way to maintain a history via logic? FFL?

To store alarm history on the PLC? FFL is simple and built-in, so yes, with FFU first once FIFO is full.

A circular buffer is a more efficient alternative, but that is messier, code-wise, than the FFL/FFU pair.

That limits how much alarm history can be kept within the unit; to get around that involves an external SCADA-equivalent; would that be best driven by the PV?

To store alarm history on the PLC? FFL is simple and built-in, so yes, with FFU first once FIFO is full.

A circular buffer is a more efficient alternative, but that is messier, code-wise, than the FFL/FFU pair.

That limits how much alarm history can be kept within the unit; to get around that involves an external SCADA-equivalent; would that be best driven by the PV?
Version 7 is supposed to bring that function back....
Just got that confirmation from RA this afternoon.
If it were not coming, I was going to setup a dint and fill it with FFL to track alarms and do the same for a time and date stamp using same trigger.
Then I would create a table on the PV
BUT>>>> Thankfully the next revision should be out next month and do it clean within the PV's operating system. I am beginning to hate AB more and more with their slick little nuances that make life miserable if you don't buy every last bell and whistle

Yes Studio v33 will introduce that facility - although the history is stored in the PLC and not the HMI.

I can't believe they ever bought those panels out without alarm history.

Alarm History

Can anyone confirm for me whether the PanelView 5510 Alarm History shows a true history. When I emulate a project it only shows a history of alarms that occured since the start of emulation. I thought if the log is stored in the controller it should be able to pull up a larger history