PanelView 600 Communication path change - possible ?

darkesha

We have Panelview 600 "Standard" on one of our machines which we got from supplier. We don't have documentation or software to upload/edit file.

It is configured to talk to ENBT card with IP no of: x.x.x.3 - all part of CtrlLgx PLC network.

I need it to talk to second card x.x.x.11

Any possible solutions to accomplish this goal ?

Do you need to change it so it communicates with ONLY the new module, or so it communicates with both modules ?

You could conceivably put a "Network Address Translation" device in between the PanelView and the network. A-B even has a little packaged one, 9300-ENA.

But a far better solution would be to have a contractor upload the PanelView 600 program uploaded and change it to communicate with the new controller IP address.

"Do you need to change it so it communicates with ONLY the new module, or so it communicates with both modules ?"

I want to get rid of .3 so it would only talk to x.x.x.11
Right now I have 2 ENBT in the same chasis and they both go in the same switch with bunch of other flex io + this PV.

"But a far better solution would be to have a contractor upload the PanelView 600 program uploaded and change it to communicate with the new controller IP address."

I will see if this is possible...not sure who was contractor, where they live and if they still have a file on hand. This is a 2005 installation.

For time being I might just plug ethernet card back in the chassis and the switch. I might update PV to PV+ in the mean time.

I wanted to know if this kind of comm change would be possible through PV interface and without upload/download and computer interface. I suppose not ?
Btw. thanks for that translational device idea. I didn't know they make something like that. This could save us lots in potential collision problems when our internet network grows more in future.

Panelbuilder 3.61 is a free download from AB. It may be worth a shot.

EDIT: I say that because 3.81 was the latest, as far as I know. Apparently, it's not available for purchase anymore. Be nice if they're going to abandon it, that they'd make it downloadable...<sigh>

Last edited:
I wanted to know if this kind of comm change would be possible through PV interface and without upload/download and computer interface. I suppose not ?
The only thing you'd be able to change is the IP of the PanelView. The application holds the address of the PLC (or PLCs)

Any systems integrator who regularly deals with Allen-Bradley could upload this application and make the change in 30 minutes.

If you have an ATA flash memory card (or a CompactFlash card formatted for FAT16, under 2 GB, and a Type II carrier), you can copy the *.PVA file from the PanelView terminal to the card.

If you post the PVA file to the Forum, there are many users with PanelBuilder32 who can make that change for you.