Panelview C300 try to connect crashes program

realolman

I have a Panelview C300 a Micro 830 PLC and also the Connected Components Workbench

Even though the CCW seems like it was made to create a program for the PV( and why the heck not... why are PV's always a special PITA ?), when you try, the program crashes ...unhandled exception. Drag the PV model to the project organizer... it expands into tags and screens etc. ...double click on the PV and it crashes.

Now then, ...you are supposed to create the program with Panelview Explorer that is contained in the PV itself using Internet Explorer... and it seems to do just that.... mostly

across the top of the IDE there are several tabs to do different things... among them is a communications tab, where I assume you would set the comms (D'Oh) ... when I click it, THAT program crashes.

This whole CCW deal is driving me nuts ...It seem like it would be good, inexpensive stuff, but man, it just doesn't seem to work ... all I get done is fight the software... I would be very happy to read something that told you how to do it , but I don't think there is anything useful out there I have several rockwell bulletins that seem to just skip major things.

... could someone help me figure out how to set the comms and connect the PV to the Micro830?
Thank you.

Last edited:
The 830 and the c300 require Modbus to communicate.
The c300 will need to be programmed by the .. (Cant remember name. Not on my PC ) or via your web browser ant the E/Net port
I will send some info later

I have the pv connected to IE via a USB cord and it communicates with the programming environment
If i place a button on the IDE screen it appears on the pv.
But at some point i am going to have to connect the PV to thePLC
I dont see why clicking a button in the programming environment would cause
It to crash... That seems like a flaw in the programming environment
I am a a loss to understand how something could be marketed with that glaring a flaw

I dont think the PV has an Enet port

of course you are right
I was thinking of a larger screen.
zip and post a copy of your program I need the screen file
this zip file contains a CHA file which is written for the C300 screen to talk to an 830
by MODBUS using an RS232 interface

c300.JPG

Attachments

• GMB_V1(1).zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 30
as usual they change things
you will need to import the file into CCW
but it needs to be renamed remove the _ and ()
it was written in V2 not V4

I checked out the File it is for the C200
But load it into CCW
have a look at how it is setup for comms
then delete it and load the C300 in by draging the HMI part number over.

Good grief buddy... thank you for all your trouble... I will check this out as soon as a am able as I am not at work.

thanks again

thanks - it was only a few screen shots as I had already written the code