PanelView / PanelBuilder upload error 1012

Ed Knights

Hello, anyone had a similar experience?

A customer has an old panelview600, it is faulted, but is communicating and they desperately need to recover runtime from it. Panelbuilder will upload a .PVA file, but displays the following error when it gets to the 'verify uploaded application' stage;

"Error (1012) - Error while scanning for application file CRC."

What is not clear to me is if a) the application file is corrupt and so checksum does not match, b) the checksum is not bing found.

I am hoping it is b), but cannot find this error 1012 in PanelView or PanelBuilder manuals. I am also hoping that I just need an older version of PanelBuilder32, maybe one that doesn't even attempt a CRC check!

I am using PanelBuilder 3.82, FW on the terminal is 3.4

Photos and uploaded .PVA attached.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks in advance

IMG_2985.jpg IMG_2989.jpg

Attachments

• _PV38.zip
    91 KB · Views: 6
Any chance you could use a memory card to get the program off? That's my preferred method of program transfer on PanelViews.

Any chance you could use a memory card to get the program off? That's my preferred method of program transfer on PanelViews.
Hi, good shout but the screen is defective unfortunatley. Not aware of a way to force a copy from HMI EPROM to flash card via linx/PB32/PFT?
Thanks

i had this happen once.
the issue was that the panelview terminal was so old and i was using a newer version of panelbuilder and rslinx.
i had to use an older version of rslinx and panelbuilder to upload the program.
regards,
james

i had this happen once.
the issue was that the panelview terminal was so old and i was using a newer version of panelbuilder and rslinx.
i had to use an older version of rslinx and panelbuilder to upload the program.
regards,
james
Really?? Awesome thanks James, will see what old versions of PB32 I can get my hands on.

3.82 is the only PB32 version I can get my hands on, it the only 1 rockwell wants to let me download too... better raid the customer's software cupboard. You don't know roughly what version you had to revert to to get your old .pva file open do you?
Cheers
Ed

Edit - just got hold of 3.50 also and same story - cannot verify or open the .pva file

Last edited:
I tried to open the pva file with version 3.83 and got complaints about the file possibly being corrupt. This version does not list anything in the help file for Error 1012 either.

There is a Techconnect article that references Error 1011 and advises to try to upload using an ATA flash memory card.

Last edited:
version 3.82 has some bugs, version 3.83.01 is the current version if i am not mistaken. i had to go back to rslinx 3.41 and panelbulder 3.6???
i kept all the versions of ab software for such occasions and it has been 15 years since that happened, so the panelbuilder version may be off, but the rslinx version is correct.
regards,
james