PanelView Plus 1000 to L27ERM Compact Logix

Sean Teague

Hello all.

I have a question about communication between my HMI and processor.

Somehow, one of our maintenance techs goofed up the program.

We have a PanelView Plus Compact 1000 and a L27ERM Compact Logix Controller.

The Panelview firmware is v5.10.16 and the processor is 21.11

Everything on the screen that is supposed to be data from the PLC says "error"

I have tried to "redo" the communication path from the HMI to the PLC through the comm settings in FT View, but i cannot get it to work, and from what i have been reading on here, these 2 units are supposedly incompatible...but they were working together flawlessly for several years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried all of this, nut i get a message after download that says:

Application RSLinxNG.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

When this happens, it have to re-flash the firmware to get communication back to the unit thru rslinx.

If you have a techconnect contract: KB BF24737

Basically, don't use the copy from design to runtime button, create the path manually.

We have had tech connect for several years and literally never used it. I think it expired a few weeks ago, and now i need it :(

so, i deleted everthing in the runtime tab a nd created my own. the program works with "test Application" perfectly, but when i transfer it it locks up the HMI and forces me to update the firmware again to regain communication to allow another download attempt

We have had tech connect for several years and literally never used it. I think it expired a few weeks ago, and now i need it :(

so, i deleted everthing in the runtime tab a nd created my own. the program works with "test Application" perfectly, but when i transfer it it locks up the HMI and forces me to update the firmware again to regain communication to allow another download attempt

Did you manually create the path on the target/runtime tab as well?

Thank you for the help. I downloaded the patch rollup from Rockwell, but I forgot to install it. Once I installed the patches, I rebooted, and setup the connection manually and we are back running again.