PanelView Plus 1000 use as a second monitor

autotec, you can use VNC to make your PanelView act like a touch screen monitor.

Your catalog # is a PanelView Plus 6, which includes VNC server and client.
As a client your PanelView would see/control your remote computer. Install a VNC server on your computer, such as TightVNC.

You cannot use Remote Desktop Services with your catalog, as all the extra Microsoft apps only come with the Extended Features terminal 2711P-$$$9

P.4 of the tech specs
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/2711p-td005_-en-p.pdf

I will try this, thank you. I do have a e-mail in to see how much it would cost to upgrade my PV to one with the extended features, (or if it's even possible) but haven't heard anything back yet. Thank you again.

Success, thank you everyone. I still have to play around with the screen size, but I didn't want to touch it on my laptop. This was just a test. Thanks again.

Success.jpg

dmroeder, you were thinking about using the PVP like a real touch screen monitor. You're right, no it can't do that.

Using it as a VNC client will be slower; there is a delay between when you touch the screen and it makes a change. Same goes for Remote Desktop, but there you can use Windows security and all the things that make IT happy.