PanelView Plus with keyboard

BillRobinson

This might be a simple question, does anybody know how to tell the physical location of the "K" buttons on a panelview plus with a keyboard? I'm using the latest FactoryView Studio ME. I've only used touchscreens until now so this is new to me.

I'm not sure about your question, but in Studio you right-click any open display and select the option "Keys assigments". In that pop-up yo select the list of keys (F and K) in the combobox and assign it to the elements in the screen, such buttons or numeric inputs.

There are some good sketches in the 2711P User Manual that show the F-key and K-key locations for the various models of PV+ terminal.

I also rely on the key-mapping table in the User Manual to keep straight which control-key combinations are equivalent to K-keys for when I test my application on a PC.

Sometimes there's nothing equivalent to really seeing the screens; I recently loaned my keypad PV+1250 to a customer for a couple of weeks while he tests the exact alignment and user perspective of the keypad and screen in his enclosure.

But for general layout, just refer to the User Manual, 2711P-UM001.

There is no equivalent on the computer to the PVPLus "K" keys. So if you are testing on your PC then you must just use your mouse to click on the "K" key to simulate pressing the button.

OG