PanelView Visibility Anim Question

S550

Hey guys!

So my question is this, say you are using an integer instead of just an on/off bit for the visibility expression, how would it look?
For an example in a login protocol a normal user is assigned a 1 and admin user a 2, in a integer tag, lets call the tag loginType. So would the expression be something like {[PLC1]}loginType == 1} ?

Thanks guys for any and all help! 🍺

I would write the permissive in the PLC program to set a bool that provides visibility for the button on the HMI. That makes for easier changes down the road should they be needed

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Your example is almost right on, except the curly brackets only surround the Direct Tag Reference. The expression for the visibility animation will be:

Code:
{[PLC1]loginType} == 1

You'll see that the Visibility animation tab has a radio button to select if the object is visible or invisible when the expression is true. When you copy-paste objects with animation, be sure to double-check that expression; I screwed up on that just this afternoon.

In FTView expressions, a single equals sign, a double equals sign, and the letters "EQ" are all equivalent and will validate and function correctly.

Thanks guys!

Willxfmr, yes I could do that but I like to use the least amount of logic as I can, keep it clean for the next guy that may work on it.

Ken Roach, great! I knew I had to be close. So with an and/or, it would look like this?
Code:
{[PLC1]loginType} == 1 OR {[PLC1]loginType} == 2

If INT_Tag_Invisible <= 6 Then 1 Else 0

The expression above makes the object invisible when INT_Tag_invisiable value is greater than 6. You can do more using the tag. But all it is to set the value to 0 or 1 for visible or invisible.

Last edited:
Capture.jpg

Not sure how this is supposed to be written, hmmm

Edit* the OR was meant to be an AND.. just ignore that lol

When using an AND/OR statement in an expression, put parenthesis around the statement to the left and the statement to the right. This tells the expression to solve the expression on the left, then solve the expression on the right and only then should it perform the AND/OR function. You don't need parenthesis if you are using just a tag. For example: Tag1 AND Tag 2 doesn't need them. But once it is an expression with operators you need them. Otherwise it just uses standard order of operation rules.

OG

Last edited:
Well that makes perfect since!

Sorry for the newby question, panelview is not my strongest HMI.

This may or may not help but if you want visibility based on a specific user that is logged in, a simple way to do it is to set up the access codes under runtime security and base the animation on that.

I typically set up operator, supervisor, technician, and engineer accounts with increasing privileges and then base pushbutton visibility and security of displays, on that.

UserCode.JPG