Patchn's New Logo - Please take a moment to vote

It appears that the rights to the Underdog character are owned by Classic Media.

http://www.classicmedia.tv/pages/underdog.html

Before we decide to use the image, it would probably be worth an email to to them seeking a release, or at least terms for using the image. They might be willing to permit usage in return for something as simple as acknowledgement of their ownership a link to their website.

TW

I vote with the underdog logo 3 combined with logo 2 as suggested by quite a few over there. (Like Erics Photshop addition)

That would be so RON!

I havent had time to join over there or i would have voted, hope my point counts as a vote here

Steve Bailey said:
Before we decide to use the image, it would probably be worth an email to to them seeking a release, or at least terms for using the image. They might be willing to permit usage in return for something as simple as acknowledgement of their ownership a link to their website.

Done... we will see, they may respond here and share with us all :)

Update

This is from the person that I made contact with...

Hello Mark,
I’m sorry to hear about your loss. I have sent your inquiry to our promotions department for further review and consideration. Someone will contact shortly.

I would think (hope) that we would hear something first part of next week, if not I will inquire again, but I think we should also do as planed... they seem nice and we are not making a profit from this, as Steve said if we give them a plug they may be OK with it.

they seem nice and we are not making a profit from this
All they have to do is look at the site and see the Google Ad Sense advertizing to realize that you are in fact making profit!
I was the one who helped Ron to set this up.
Usually when I lift pictures from other web site the owner just requires some sort of acnowledgement before they let me use it.
However underdog logo is fairly well known and who is to say that this site could not be heavily monetized in the future. The site could also be sold for a profit.
Let's hope for the best.

Jiri Toman said:
All they have to do is look at the site and see the Google Ad Sense advertizing to realize that you are in fact making profit!
I was the one who helped Ron to set this up.
Usually when I lift pictures from other web site the owner just requires some sort of acnowledgement before they let me use it.
However underdog logo is fairly well known and who is to say that this site could not be heavily monetized in the future. The site could also be sold for a profit.
Let's hope for the best.

I do not believe the Google Ads are there to make profit. Only to partially cover the costs.....

Bummer....

Dear Mark:

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately we are unable to grant the requested permission at this time. Please note that only requests from professional business sources will be considered. We do not accommodate personal requests.

Kind Regards,

Classic Media, Inc.
Business & Legal Affairs

Bummer...

Any other ideas? petition? Phil has a few members that will sign then they may reconsider? But then again they do own it and they can do as they wish, I can write thier president to see if we can per-sway them.

Or we just look for another logo, that did fit him very well.