Peer-to-peer messaging with micrologix1000

JohnKhoury28 said:
...Can I replace 1761-NET-ENI with this ethernet switch - http://www.directron.com/fs105.html?gsear=1?...

To be clear...

The 1761-NET-ENI interface converts the AB DF1 protocol to EtherNet/IP protocol. This allows, for instance, a computer to access a ML1000 using the computer's Ethernet port. If the computer's Ethernet port is not connected to an ENI at the controller, or an Ethernet network which routes the computer to an ENI at the controller, then the computer cannot communicate with the ML1000 via Ethernet in any way.

JohnKhoury28 said:
Connect AB PanelView C400 to ML1000 with a 1761-cbl-pm02 and have an ethernet cable go from the HMI display to the ethernet switch in the above link and have an ethernet cable from my personal PC to the ehernet switch. From there, connect the ethernet switch to my DGC2200 router. Would this setup establish a productive peer-to-peer messaging?...

The direct serial connection from the ML1000 to the C400 will give you point-to-point communications, but that is all.

Remember you asked...

JohnKhoury28 said:
...What is the least inexpensive setup to successfully establish a peer-to-peer connectivity messaging from Micrologix1000 to c400 PanelView display while updating rungs in RSlogix500 Micro and downloading new programs to ML1000?...

Further to my point above...

If you take the ML1000's 8-pin port and connect it directly to the C400, you have now taken the controllers only port away from the computer's access. The computer cannot access the ML1000 by passing in through the Ethernet port and out through the serial port on the C400. Also, you select one protocol for the PVc and one only. If you configure the PVc application for DF1 to the ML1000 direct, then the Ethernet port, and any protocols it supports, cannot be used simultaneously with the serial port i.e. only one protocol is used at Runtime.

Regards,
George

Last edited: