Pick and Place Offload Conveyor Supplier?

I know everyone hates it when a company rep jumps into a thread like this, but since Kolyur has already mentioned us, I'm going to go ahead and stick my neck out there and hope you guys forgive me.

I think QC Industries could provide a conveyor that would meet your needs in the <$1000 range. Without knowing all your application details, my guess would be you'd be most interested in our Automation Series/AS40 model.

Like you said, building your own and buying locally could come with their own problems down the road when it comes to support and parts. Everything we sell comes with a five year warranty. All our conveyors have been proven in the field, so you shouldn't have any worries about downtime in the future.

If you've got any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Wow, thanks for all the good info. It will take me awhile to dig through all of this.

We do have a machine shop on-site. Just never put a ton of though into building one from pieces. It has potential.

As for the rodless cylinder, they don't have the life expectancy to last in this application. 800,000 parts (cycles) per year minimum.

If a design won't last 5 years without a major overhaul, I won't put it out on our floor.

I already have a 7" stroke AFAG cylinder with a secondary up/down cylinder on the end to use as the "picker". We have run this same design over 10 million cycles without seal failures, pretty impressive!

I will be grabbing the part with a vacuum cup (no moving parts is a good thing) which we have proven effective in other applications.

Last comment before I start search though everything.....

Because I am vision inspecting the part at the same location as the pick-up, the cylinder has to wait at the other end until I get a picture.

A longer cylinder could not keep up with the cycle times. With a basic pneumatic cylinder, you are either at one end or the other. It is hard to "stage" close to the pick up location.

This means that if I have an 18" band cylinder. I will be waiting at the far end, when the part is ready, I have to wait for the cylinder to transfer all the way back to the other end.

This delay would kill my cycle.

The shorter 7" cylinder can travel much faster.

Thanks again for all the leads!

Hey QC Chris, we have a few QC conveyors but they are all bigger models. Just like "kolyur", we never have problems with them, they have run perfect for many years.

I think my local reps might just be steering us toward the more expensive products.

Either that or I am just getting the "middle-man" price increase.

Do you sell direct to industry?

No, we don't sell direct, only through distributors. We have a few distributors that cover different parts of New York. Let me know where you are (PM me) and we can figure out who covers your area and our Sales Department can work with them to make sure you're getting our best price.

Since everyone has been so helpful, I thought I would post a drawing to give you an idea of what I am up against.

Unloader rev2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, gonna bite the bullet on this one and spring for a QC Industries AS40.

Management decided that they didn't want us "home-growing" one. And I could find anything on ebay that would fit.

They thought about it a few times more when I gave them the $1300 quote for a 6" x 18" conveyor, but in the end, signed off on it.

Well, would have been fun to build one, but in the end I think this is the best choice for the application.

Breakdown: conveyor $700, motor $400, motor mount $200.

Thanks again for all the ideas.....