PID controller and process simulation with Siemens STEP7

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

recently I opened the following thread on Siemens forums.
It's about real time process simulator that was started by Peter and me last year (FOPDT ans SOPDT). I found time to make it more pretty.
Here is attached project. I hope you'll test it and play with it.
I'll see if I can find winCC demo version somewhere to try to make trends and plots (but that won't be soon, unless someone more experience help me with that).
I wrote there that I'm willing to share source code and alredy got few PMs asking me to do so. That is why I'm posting the code here.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Asim Vodencarevic, I&C engineer

View attachment SOPDT.txt

View attachment Simulato.zip

View attachment FOPDT.txt

I don't know what you mean. Did you manage to open project in STEP7?
Do you use STEP7 at all?

whats

yes friend i do use but a new user.
i mean i could not understand what is this.i downloaded the zip file and unzipped it but what is this for ?

It is a process simultor. It is software that takes the place of a machine so you can test control loops like PID filters. However, it is not limited to using PID filters.
This can be used as a learning or software troubleshooting tool to test process control loops, without having a machine to test them on.

Keith

panthripu said:
i mean i could not understand what is this.i downloaded the zip file and unzipped it but what is this for ?

The zip file is created when you archive a Step 7 project using Simatic Manager. You retrieve and then open the project using Simatic Manager.