PID controller doubts

Kakka

Hi guys this question was asked to me when i attended for a interview ?

What will happen if a Derivative control alone is applied to a constant error system...o_O

What will be the nature of output..?

Also i was asked a question regarding what will happen if we try to connect to devices using a cross connected ethernet cable...and also using a switch in between...?

what i know about the derivative control is that a derivative controller will help to suddenly bring the error back under control...but there is a possibility of disturbances iccuring in between....

Last edited:
Hi guys this question was asked to me when i attended for a interview ?

What will happen if a Derivative control alone is applied to a constant error system...o_O

What will be the nature of output..?
The derivative of the error is 0 so the output due to the derivative alone is 0.

Also i was asked a question regarding what will happen if we try to connect to devices using a cross connected ethernet cable...and also using a switch in between...?
This is not a good question. Some switches will automatically switch the cable around so they work but older hubs may not automatically switch the send an receive lines around.

what i know about the derivative control is that a derivative controller will help to suddenly bring the error back under control...but there is a possibility of disturbances iccuring in between....
The derivative gain adds damping and resists change in the error either bigger or smaller but it will not try to correct the error.

Last edited: