PID Flow Control

PLC75, be careful with your terms and what you mean when you use them. You seem to be using "barrels per day" in two different contexts.

The first context is as an instantaneous flow rate. Keep in mind that "barrels per" any time unit (second, day, millennium) is a flow rate. They are all related by constants that convert the time base. When manufacturers information talks about "barrel per day" they are talking about a flow rate.

You later refer to "barrels per day" as if it is an accumulated volume. In reality, this would just be "barrels". You may choose to reset the number of barrels at the end of some period but it would still just be barrels.

I think by keeping these two things straight it will be much clearer what you want to do.

Keith

Similar Topics

Hello, I take part in commissioning of process station with lobe pump. Speed of the pump is controlled by PowerFlex 525. A customer requirement...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new to PID control, wondering if anyone can help me with this. We have a flow meter goes into VHSC point io card as input, analog output...
Replies
Views
I have a PID loop I would like to produce a mathematical model for. I may not have paid enough attention in the Control Systems lectures a few...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Need some help. Goal: Closed loop flow control of valve positioner to a flow value. Parts: I've got a K series Rotork valve with...
Replies
Views
Hello I have test a program today using FC41 for a flow control(flow meter feed back(4~24mA,0~6.5 m3/h); positioner for the butterfly...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom