PID for proportional air valve

kamenges said:
Ideally you would be able to quantify what is causing your loss in the first place.
Keith

I was curious why we were not promting Alex Pel to quantify why it was not working when I first read this thread.

Alex Pel said:
When gun is open I add 200 mBar, It works much better: within 700 – 900
I am also curious if this is oscillation, droop, or spikes at the ends of the cycle.

Alex Pel,

If I'm understanding you correctly. The air pressure rises quickly at the last part of the cycle. This would have to be when the gun shuts off and the regulating valve signal is just being switched from 800
mBar + 200mBar to just 800mBar. If this doesn't cause any problems just leave it the way it is. If it causes problems can you switch back a couple of hundreths of a second earlier before the gun shuts off?