PID GAP Control

A little more clarification would help someone help you.

Maybe describe the process. Is this just on-off control? (don't need a PID control for this)

Or is this a PID control with a dead band ( where the controller does nothing until out side the dead band)

Is this homework?

What senses the level? ( switches or analog)

Last edited:
PID control with dead band, output of this level controller is used to adjust speed of pumps. If level of tank is within the gap pump is to maintain speed and if level is above or below pump speed needs to increase on above and decrease on below the gap. The backup pump will needs increase speed if running pump speed is at max or pump trips.

I am not a RSLogix5000 user, but I'm sure those that are will be along soon.

Most PID instructions have a deadband setting, see excerpt from the RSLogix5000 instruction manual.

Last edited: