PID Loop best chance

NewUser

Hi all,

I have to install in my plant a new PLC that have a very important PID loop that always have to be running (...and also other transmitters and controls).
So, I want to install a redundant PLC that must run with FoundationFieldbus (this is mandatory).
I have to control a temperature and the actuator is going to be a motor with a big fan.

I have a couple of questions:

Which one is the best DCS and hardware to install ??
Does exist a motor control to keep the PID loop running even if the PLC is down, using the FielbusFoundation features ??

Thanks you all in advance for your support and excuse me if my english is not good enough ?? ;)

Best regards,

Similar Topics

hi guys I am not really good in math so I can not use math to determin whats my P ,I or D ,so is there any kinda loop tunning method or software...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am attempting to tune a PID loop on a process. The process involves a valve with electronic actuator that has quite a high deadband...
Replies
Views
We have a PID loop at the plant that measures our drum outlet temp. It adjusts a damper to control the temp within the set point. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Has anyone on here used Soft PLC brand PLCs? I've just now started doing PLC programming and I am totally stuck on trying to make a PID...
Replies
Views
Hello and thanks for reading my question/problem. I am working on an a application where I have a servo controlled gate that allows product (dry)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom