PID loop for AB Powerflex 400 drives

cire3621

Ok...Not sure if anyone has ever wrote a PID for ab powerflex drives in winldr software for Idec plcs. But basically we have 2 pf 400 drives communicating via rs485 talking modbus. What i need to happen is if one drive is at 0 hertz stopped and other is running at 60 hertz...if the drive running is told to stop and the drive that is stopped is told to start i need them to cross at 45 hertz at the same time...so drive decelerating needs to hit 45 hertz at the same time the drive told to start and is accelerating hits 45 hertz...and then eventually it will be running at 60 hertz...it has to do with the pump curve that we need them to cross eachother at 45 hertz...i tried manually changing the their speeds in the drive, but I can not get them to cross eachother at 45 hertz...I know a pid loop would solve this...but I have never wrote one....any suggestions would be welcomed.